Scratch is an interesting and educational application that allows you to teach children the basics of programming. All basic concepts are given in an accessible form, which simplifies the understanding and assimilation of new information. The program was developed by Lifelong Kindergarten specifically for preschoolers and elementary school students. It is assumed that the user does not have any knowledge and practical skills in this area. The information that he will receive in the learning process will become the basis for further development. But it makes no sense for experienced programmers to get acquainted with this solution.
In the Scratch application for Android, the child will be able to create animated objects that will perform the desired actions. This is done using special scripts – commands specified by the user. The program includes many blanks and tools for independent work. You can make quite complex projects, even full-fledged games.
The results of your work should be saved or published on the Internet. The utility was created for children who do not have any knowledge in the field of programming. Therefore, the developers offered users a simple and intuitive interface, which even a beginner can quickly figure out.
In the main Scratch window, the user will see three blocks. The first contains many tabs, where the most important characteristics of the project are set. There you can customize the appearance, animation, sound and other settings. In the second block, the user’s actions and the changes made are recorded. In the third one, you can see what the project looks like.
Features of the Scratch App
- A program for teaching children the basics of programming.
- A clear and easy-to-learn interface that even a child can easily master.
- Convenient location of information blocks, any tools are easy to find.
- The ability to use ready-made templates and create your own unique objects.
- Projects can use 10 types of scripts to create different types of animation.
- The finished work can be saved for later revision or immediately put on the Internet.
- Simple and intuitive interface, the utility is distributed free of charge.
You can download the Scratch application for Android using the active link below.